Re: [IP] Shocking news! Need some advice

----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2000 9:50 PM
Subject: [IP] Shocking news! Need some advice

>     My brother was told about two years ago that within five years he
> would probably be diagnosed.  Well, today was the day!
>     He has lost almost 30 lbs since Christmas.  He has been very thirst,
> urinating a lot, not all that hungry (very unusual for him) and just not
> feeling himself.  All the classic symptoms.  I saw him today and he just
> looked horrible.
My
> brother is also nervous about his job now.  He drives a front end loader
and
> he is afraid he won't be able to do that any more.
> -  Kerri
> -
 I worked 26 years at the local mine where for 18 of those years I drove a
front
end loader, the rest as a mechanic, lubricator.  They were very
understanding
here, I was the one that made it hard on myself.  I always worked hard to
not
show anyone, that I was less than they were.  I was too proud to let them
know
when my sugars were in the 20's; I didn't know how I made it through all
those
lows (Now I've read about the liver dumping) so that explains it.  Just tell
him
to not push himself too hard, like him I worried what they would do, were
they
going to fire me because I didn't work as hard as anyone else.  When he's
low
take care of it, when he's high take care of it, and above all test, test,
test.
Follow those rules, and let everyone know his condition otherwise they'll
think
he's using drugs.  That's what I heard when I didn't tell people; would hide
in
the bathroom so nobody would see me.