[IP] Parents of children with diabetes

To all of you parents with kids that have diabetes - I COMMEND you !!!  I
would just like to tell you all what a respect your children will have for
you when they are grown.  Until I joined this list I didnt realize how many
very young children have this disease.  I think we all sometimes feel sorry
for ourselves and tend to forget about all of the young ones that have this

I acquired it when I was 6 years old.  That was 20 years ago and it was
assumed a death sentence then.  I am so thankful how far it has come.  If it
weren't for my parents "making" me keep such tight control as a young child
who knows where I would be today?  I have had 2 very successful pregnancies
and am on my third thanks to the fact.

I just wanted to let all of you know that I think you are wonderful and keep
up the good work.  They will appreciate it in the long run.  I know I do.

Dee Dee Schell