[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #80

In a message dated 4/8/2000 8:40:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 02:05:44 -0400
 From: Ginny Kloth <email @ redacted>
 Subject: Re: [IP] Type 2 w/ pumps
 My endo believes that any person on diabetes no matter what type who is on
 MDI ought to be on a pump.  If he wants to go on a pump I would encourage
 Where I live we have all insulin types on pumps. Thank Goodness!!!!!!!!
 PS I am trying to talk my Mom into a pump...she is 74 and her doc has her
 on 70/30 (?) 2 times a day..no R to help with those inbetween highs..she is
 feeling awful from the swings.
I agree with your Dr. That any person that is on insulin should be able to
get a pump if the Dr. say  so.  I am 70 years old, and have been on a pump
since Jan 3, 2000.  I feel so much better, you eyes are better, just every
thing is better?  I wish I had have went on one a long time ago, but you
insurance company said NO.  It was as much as to say that I was to old, and
was in close enough control that I did not need it?  I thought I was in close
control to, My A1C was about 7.0.  I fought for a year to get it paid for,
and my wife's insurance, did, last month.  I would never had thought that the
pump would have been that much better, but my A1C went down to 4.3 in the
first three months.  The insurance companies should be taken to task for not
paying for them?  Good Luck?