Re: [IP] Pump Supplies

In a message dated 4/8/00 10:39:55 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< All I ordered was 24 resevoirs and 24 infusion sets.  I
 almost fainted when I opened the bill.  It was 1000.00 for this stuff!!!!!
 Even though my insurance is covering it, I am thinking long term.  Our
 insurance will only pay  1 million dollars for a lifetime. >>

That's why I order from MiniMed rather than my insurance company's preferred
provider (Lincare). Because MM is not a preferred provider, it costs me a
little bit more per order (about $40 - $60), but if I ordered from Lincare,
it would cost my insurance company and *lot* more (about $700!) and would eat
into *my* lifetime cap. Call around and check prices. It may be better for
you to pay a larger co-pay to avoid eating into that million bucks. Hey -- a
million dollars doesn't go far any more!

Jan (and Elvis)