[IP] diet sodas

   Just last weekend, my mom took my son out for breakfast at Burger
King. It was one of the ones where you dispense your own sodas. She got
him what she though was a diet coke.
   When they were getting ready to leave, she took a sip of his drink
because she had finished hers, and found out it was not diet. He had
already finished half of it. She raised heck with the manager and then
called their corporate offices to file a complaint with them, too.
   She made the store manager sit next to her while she tested my son.
He was somewhere close to 400. I almost died when she came home and told
me all of this.
   I can't believe this happens on a regular basis. It's dangerous both
ways: if you need diet and get regular, or if you need regular and get
diet. I ALWAYS taste my son's drinks in restaurants before I let him
have any.
   You would think these companies would have some sort safeguards to
keep this from happening. Wouldn't you?

Mom to JayJay
born 2/13/98, dx'd 1/31/99
...sweet as ever