Re: [IP] cataract surgery

    Hi Melva i hade cataract surgery last year & will be having my other eye
done[hopefullu] in june. You must let your endo talk to the surgen about
keeping the pump on, or have him write something to that effect. I hade no
problem with keeping the pump on, but the anesthesiologist gave me a certain
amt of dextrose in IV. It seems there biggest fear is low BS. Problem was
after surgery BS was over 200. This time i'm going to have endo tell them no
dextrose, but to monitor Blood glucose instead. Anyway everything worked out
ok & my vision is much better. Iguess they just dont want to take a chance &
have a low in the middle of surgery.