[IP] Medicare and Pumps

Well, I became eligible for Medicare on April 1 just as pumps did. I went
today to my endo and had blood drawn for a C-Peptide to be run and after 37
years will learn if I am actually Type I. At least by Medicare standards.
If not I will just turn in my handy dandy decoder ring. In talking to
MiniMed to get info on the criteria I asked about insulin coverage. The
only insulin to be paid for by Medicare right now is Velosulin and that as
a pump supply. There will still be no insulin coverage for MDI. MiniMed is
in contact with Medicare about including Humalog as the majority of their
pumpers use Humalog. I am the first for my endo so I get to do all the leg
work, maybe I will learn something along the way. For the most part
everything I found on the internet was right even though when called prior
to April 1 the Medicare reps had no official knowledge of it. When I find
out I will let you know if I am still in the club (C-Peptide).