[IP] (Fwd) another response to My *Risking* Kids post

From:          "JHughey" <email @ redacted>
Subject:       another response to My *Risking* Kids post
Date:          Thu, 6 Apr 2000 23:09:17 -0500

> Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 16:15:02 -0800
> From: "Natalie A. Sera" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] (Fwd) A post to the IP list, please
Jan here. I'm going to reply to the following post from Natalie up
here. Wade through to *catch up* on what was said previously.  I guess
I foolishly thought that by saying *I purposely would not...* that
people *would* read it as a past tense since I didn't say I purposely
WILL not. I should have said *did* not. I also see now that *read*
perhaps was not pronounced *red* to maintain my past tense thought. I
AM 60 years old as my posts usually indicate! I was completely
*gutted* 20 years ago so I cannot have more bbs. My kids are both 38
until 5/14 and the aunt who was dx'd T-2 was back in the early '60s
and that's why I was sickened. My kids' ped reassured me when he told
me *...more power to them.* We didn't know nor have the products
available today. I didn't even think I'd live to see 35. I was telling
what I DID. I was on ONE shot of NPH/Regular a day for 33 years before
pumping and didn't test my pee because it always turned orange so why
waste the products? I had no knowledge of what the future was and
besides, a dr. told me at age 11 in 1950 that a lot of things would
come along in my lifetime to help diabetics, but nothing would ever
help me.  My death was subtly referred to often. Therefore, I *would
not* date someone with DM in his family. I'd like all of you who were
offended at my info to put yourself back there with no hope. I was
trying to protect as best I could. Forgive me for making others
uncomfortable with my personal experience. If I could have changed it,
believe me, I would have changed much more than some choices - like
having Mom take this little kid to the dr. for a penicillin shot. Or
at least obtain some kind of medical expertise for me. A little kid's
body can only take so much. The dog, obviously, was more important and
went to the vet for being sick.

BTW, I'm getting confused here. We have some posters who want Type 1
and are offended that Type 2 is not called the *more serious type.* I
have ADA material that states that, and as is posted below, the two
types are 2 completely different diseases. How are they to be
identified to *outsiders* to not offend ANYONE? (can't be done.) Jan &
Bluda Sue (you know all the 60 y/o stuff - the ONLY Type-1 in the
family) p.s. I have 4 grandchildren