[IP] can you trust Fast Food Soda??

Since this thread of testing sodas on test strips has persisted, I thought
it might be interesting to add this info.

I remember reading an article, even many years before my son was dx'd with D
but it stuck in my head as I was dieting..
it detailed a study wherein the researcher asked the resteraunt to allow
them to see the hoses leading to the boxes of syrup.  When checked something
like 76% of the resteraunts were careless as to which box led to which
dispenser nozzle.  In other words, diet was often regular and regular was
often diet.  Now, the one way(regular is diet) would be bad if you were:
sensitive to aspertame
looking for sugar as a quick pick me up
hated the taste of diet

the other was equally as bad (diet to regular) if you were:
bolusing/dosing for carbs but didnot know to include the "diet" soda

And, from my experience working for a gas station/store I know that is very
true.  We were told to keep all nozzles running, even if they had to be
filled with diet in regualr, regualr in diet and even another soda in a
different brand's nozzle.

Frustrating.  Something to consider next time you have flukey readings after
meal/dispensed drink out on the town.......
Charisma :)