[IP] hip sites

Hi everyone,

I need to know if any of you or your children have experienced any
with highs when you first started using the hip area for infusions
sites. We put a 6mm rapid into Jason's hip yesterday for the first time
and have experienced unusual numbers. It almost seemed that his blood
sugar would go down with the bolus of insulin but the basal could not
keep it constant. We have been using Jason's abdomen now for about four
years; first  for shots and then since October for the pump. It's almost

like the tissue in his abdomen is spongier and more receptive to insulin

where the tissue on his hip is somewhat more solid or denselike. It is
like a delayed reaction time. Any insights would be much appreciated.
can email me directly if you wants. Thanks in advance=>Fran