Re: [IP] Dietitians

In a message dated 4/7/2000 2:10:56 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Sherry: I am most interested in your letter about your dietitian.  I have
never had one.  I have no idea what my ratios are or even should be.  Nor do
I know how to lose this 20 # 's I've gained.  Can you or anyone please tell
me where to begin?  In being a member of "Pumpers" for the past 3 days, I am
learning a lot about a lot of things which I was never taught.  I spent 1 hr.
per wk. for 7 wks. with the diabetic educator at the hospital trying to
document my food intake, basal rates, bolusing , etc., but it seems you all
are talking about "stuff" I have no clue about.  I really do have a very
strong desire to be in the wonderful control that most of you seem to be
experiencing but have no clue as to how to do it.
Am I frustrated? Yes!  Am I a quitter? NO!  Actually, I deal with life
extremely well but when I am not in control, I don't really like myself.
Know what I mean?  I'll take all the help I can get folks...........Thanks
and God Bless;...........Jackie