RE: [IP] Measuring carb content of foods?

The strip is set to change colors with the amount of sugar in the blood.
The machine then reads the color and gives a number as a result. (Laymans
Description).  So the back of the strip is the same as the front.  I know
that my blood in the normal range comes out a medium red, when I am low it
is bright red, and high it is purplish/bluish/black.  So when diet soda is
dripped on the corner it runs off and lightly colors the strip with cola
color, while regular soda turns it quite black. Just make sure the liquid
doesn't mix with the spot from the blood.  This will skew the results.  The
color for regular soda is not unlike the glucose dip strips.  I also use the
glucose/ketone strips in a bind.

-- Sherry