[IP] (no subject)

Hi, my name is Shirley and my reason for belonging to this list is
Brendan. He is 13 and was diagnosed on 12/12/98. Recently his BSL have
been high (20plus - 360) and for several weeks we were unable to get
them down at all below 15 and then they went higher. Anyway to cut a
long story short, this has been resolved (for now), but we are looking
at getting him on a pump and are waiting for a 'loaner' pump to become

I would love to hear from anyone pumping in Australia (esp NSW) about
how they started, insurance, supplies, costs etc and just about anything
else you can think of, but most especially about how they feel about it
- especially teenagers. Obviously I am not limiting it to Aus. but some
situations are different here and I would love some input. Please feel
free to e-mail me privately if it is easier.

Thanks in advance

Shirley (Ian,15. Brendan,13 dx 12/12/98, Lachlan,2 and wife to John,
type 2 dx 12/1/99)