[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #74

> Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 14:03:51 EDT
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] reality check?
> I have always had the idea that I could eat anything I wanted as long as
> took enough insulin to cover it.  Do you all find that people w/o
> can't understand that?  Or have you had somewhat similar experiences?
> Josh

I am having sort of the same problem with trying to educate my Dietician
about my pump.  She can't even begin to understand that I can eat what I
want, when I want, and If I don't want to eat at all, I can do that too.
I'm just thankful that she seems willing to learn.  But sometimes I get the
feeling that she's thinking I'm full of crap the whole time I'm explaining
things to her.  I also have to remember what the majority of her diabetic
patients are like too......either type II or still on 2 shots a day and in
poor control.  We always end our appointments by stressing the saying that
"Knowledge is Power".
NetZero - Defenders of the Free World