[IP] No pump for Yoyo

I'm in a state of shock.  I just took my cat Yoyo to the vet because she was
urinating copiously and eating ravenously.  I insisted on getting her blood
glucose drawn right away.  478!  I am so sad all I want to do is cry.  I've
been type 1 for 45 years, my older brother became type 2 three years ago
after being hypoglycemic for  40 years and now Yoyo!  So my cat will be put
on ultra lente insulin and I guess I'll be using all those syringes I set
aside when I started pumping two years ago.  Yoyo will be at the vet till
Tuesday to get stabilized and then we will bring her home.
I wrote an article for Diabetes Forecast on a diabetic cat in 1970 . Clyde,
who belonged to a friend of mine lived for ten more years after being placed
on insulin. I know Yoyo will be okay, but I can't help it.  I HATE DIABETES!

Was Yoyo trying to tell me something when she kept nosing my insulin pump
and playing with my infusion sets?
Denise Guerin
Type 1 45 years