[IP] Jonis' start up

Joni, I have been on the MM for almost 3 years now and I still have some of
the fears you do. I often under bolus for fear of a severe hypo. I remember
when I received the pump, I looked at it and thought "No way can I do this!" I
don't want to be hooked up to a piece of machinery to stay alive. I also had
so much more to learn, carb counting and a new glucose meter, I felt
overwhelmed! I was also pretty much alone at the time too. And as far as
feeling tired,well, I had already been on disability because of complications
and an inherited rare anemia! All I can suggest is to take it slowly and it
will soon be second nature. You will feel so much better when your BS's
stabilize! As for the fear of going low at bedtime, what my endo has me do is
to eat a small snack with 15 grams of carbs and 1 oz of protein. If I am below
100, I double these amounts. I have not had a single hypo that required help,
and before I would wake up at the table eating where my family had carried me
to, or woke up on the floor not remembering I had a hypo til I saw the
evidence of what I had eaten! And also, the MM has a feature called automatic
shut-off especially for people who live alone. And we are all here to help you
adjust to life with the pump at all times. Sorry you feel afraid about getting
started, but it will not be as bad as you imagine, and you WILL feel so much
better! Good luck, Denise