[IP] single people, spouses, and hey, Sara!

Hi, Sara and all--

I'm a mom with diabetes--and both my son and I have probably been described
as "schizo, at times hysterical, often multi-personalitied, exceedingly
difficult, yet cute and cuddly, banshee(s)."  Shoot, that's an eerily
accurate description of me!  <vbg>

At 17, Josh may be a little younger than you're looking for, Sara.  But I
know those guys ARE out there, 'cause we diabetic moms are doing our best
to raise 'em right!

To jump in on the thread, I need to say that *I* think trying to outguess
genetics (and maybe even common sense, to some extent) when finding a mate
is a losing game.  Both my parents and my in-laws were HORRIFIED when John
and I got married.  We were 18 and 19 years old, neither of us had a decent
job, much less medical insurance.  MY parents were worried about the
medical insurance, among other things.  HIS parents were worried about my
diabetes, among other things.  But 25 years later, we're more in love than
ever.  I have my OWN insurance, thank you very much.  Our two children are
truly gifts from God, even though Josh does have diabetes.  There are no
guarantees in life, and that is part of what makes it all such an adventure
and a challenge.  (Not meaning to insult anyone who's faced more than their
fair share of challenges, but I'm sure glad we took those chances in all of
our ignorance at the time!)

:)  Doreen in Wyoming