[IP] Cereal Carbs and Calories

I work as a special events coordinator and one of my roles is the director
for a tri-county Science Fair.  I went to "judge" the Delaware Valley Science
Fair yesterday and took some time to wander the floor looking for diabetes
related projects.  I found one where the kid tested his sisters sugar
whenver she was low and charted the effects that 4 different sugars had on
her glucosed readings... of course he found that the glucose tabs worked best.

The other project wasnt specifically diabetes related but I know it will
confirm what I've heard many of you say about breakfast cereals... This
student tested to see if the listed calorie content on some 6 or 7 cereals
was the actual caloric content.  He did the weighing and burning and whatever
those scientists do to find calorie content.  He found that all the cereals
he tested were anywhre from 17% - 33% higher than listed on the side of the
box.  I don't know how they get away with this.. somehow its an industry wide
problem... maybe this kid will take his info to the FDA!