re: [IP] reality check

This is my biggest "mission" and pet peeve ... when i talk to folks who THINK
they are being SOOO nice by offering to bring in diatetic cookies for a
birthday work party since I "can't" eat cake... I have taken the opportunity
to explain (maybe I do a better job now that I understand the direct
relationship between carbs and insulin needs better now) that I CAN eat most
anything.. so long as its a food i like!... as long as I calculate for it...
I have tried to explian more recently that some fatty foods are more
confusing than others.. so I have tended to avoid them .. and I do describe
it as being more work.  They are slowly startting to understand.. at least

It's usually the folks who have a diabetic in their family that get the
message wrong anyway!  I can only assume that some folks who for whatever
reason can't or don't want to do much calculation, that limited sugar and
total self-denial IS the way to go for them... thank goodness I'm good at

pumping 1 month tomorow ... and had blood drawn today for my 1st A1C... wish
me luck!!! I can't hardly wait... !!!!