Subject: [IP] test on carb counting

Our endo handed us a "test" that was about 3 pages long - some individual
foods, some meals, to be calculated.  Made me mad.  What I wanted to say was
that I am fluent in reading nutritional labels on packages, and looking
things up in the carb book if no labels.  I don't expect myself, let alone
my (then) 9 year old daughter to have all those carbs MEMORIZED!  Especially
since she'd been diabetic about 3 months the first time we were given the
"test."  I should have asked what happens if we fail - she doesn't get to be
diabetic any more?

Nancy Morgan