[IP] (Fwd) A post to the IP list, please

From:          "JHughey" <email @ redacted>
To:            <email @ redacted>
Subject:       A post to the IP list, please
Date:          Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:10:17 -0500

> With all the talk of finding someone when you have diabetes..... I don't
> remember anyone even mentioning a possible partner who also had diabetes.

I purposely would not date anyone with DM in his family because I read
too many statistics that if both parents had DM, the likelihood that
offspring would have it. I didn't want to do that to any children. I
was sickened when my M-I-L called with the happy news that her sister
had T-2. I told the ped. and he asked her age: 65. He told me that if
my kids could live to 65 without getting it, more power to them. My
61.5 y/o hugsband is now showing positive signs of T-2. Jan (60 y/o,
T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)