[IP] Yup, the IP **DIGEST** has a MIME problem

My hunch was right. If there's an ASCII extended character anywhere in the
message you send to IP, it will be filled with MIME codes when it's added
to the digest.

You probably won't see these MIME codes if you're not on the digest (that
is, you're receiving your IP messages individually). You *will* see these
MIME codes if you are on the digest (you get them in bunches in a single
message).

Here's a sentence, as it appeared in the digest, from my first message:

I've been puzzled by the fact that some messages in the IP digest have
extra characters like "=20", while others don't.

Here's that same sentence, as it appeared in the IP digest, from my second
message:

I've been puzzled by the fact that some messages in the IP digest have=20
extra characters like "=3D20", while others don't.

The second version has added MIME codes. The MIME codes were added because
there's a single accented character in the second message. Digest servers
are *not* supposed to work that way.

I hope that the IP list admins now have the info they need to fix the problem.

regards, Andy

P.S.: There are no extended characters in this message. No MIME codes will
be added to the version that appears in the digest.