[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #72

In a message dated 4/6/2000 9:14:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Mark Huckstep <email @ redacted>
 My name is Mark Huckstep. I have been a diabetic for the last 22 years with
 good success. In the beginning I was considerred a brittle diabetic because
 control of my sugar level was difficult.d >>
I have had my pump for about six weeks.  It is wonderful-so much flexibility
and no more shots.  The trade off is that you have to keep track of your
food.  At first I had to test my blood sugars about 6-8 times a day, but now
that things are more regulated, I am back to four times a day.  There is alot
to learn, but if you persist, you will love the pump.  You might want to go
to Minimed's website-I believe it is minimed.com and look around.  They will
send you a packet of information and even a video.