[IP] All those =20's -- hypothesis -- part 2

I've been puzzled by the fact that some messages in the IP digest have
extra characters like "=20", while others don't. I know that "=20" is a
MIME representation for a carriage return/line feed. I thought that these
codes were inserted by the *sender's* SMTP server.

Maybe not.

I saw the other day that one of my own messages was so afflicted and
there's nothing wrong with my SMTP server. I also noticed that my message
contained a single accented character, the "a" with a "grave" accent.

I have a hunch. I believe the MIME codes are being inserted by the IP
mailing list server due to a bug. The codes appear throughout the message
whenever a single ASCII extended character is used anywhere in the message.

To test this out, I'm sending this message to IP twice. This time is the
second time and there's a SINGLE accented character here:

I predict that this message will be filled with MIME codes.

So, am I right? If so, what's wrong with the IP mailing list server?

regards, Andy