From: Joni Spurlin <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Date: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 1:18 PM
Subject: [IP] Nervous about start-up

>I recieved my pump (MM508) yesterday and looking at it make me nervous...
>Lots of things to consider.  When I told some of the people I work with
(cause I have to have lots of appointments to learn how to use it and so
will be gone from work a lot) I got very emotional and scared.
>I have a lot of hope that this will improve my quality of life, as I have
been so TIRED for the past 1  years!  I can barely work and don't have the
energy to do much fun stuff and can't even clean my house all at once, cause
I sleep all weekend, so I can have the energy to work all week.  I feel this
is my last chance to get some energy and if this doesn't work...I hate of
the thought of spending the rest of my life like this.
>I am scared about being hooked up and I know all of you say "freedom on a
tether" but it seems such a drastic step, now that I look at it.
>I am also single and because of my fear of lows at night and not waking
up - I have a very hard time keeping my night time levels low - if they are
normal (e.g. 120), I eat because of my fear.  How will I handle normal all
the time?
>I hope this is just pre-pump jitters, but I need some words of wisdom from
those of you who have started recently.