Re: [IP] single and diabetic

I've enjoyed Sara's comments on being single and diabetic.  And, even though
I've been married for the last 22 years, I can really relate to her stories.

I will say, however, it takes a special person to make a committment to
someone with an illness.  But even "normal" people get sick and I don't
imagine everyone would leave their partner when that partner got sick.

My hubby has been great and supportive.  It's hard for him sometimes and he
gets just as frustrated with D as I do at times.  But I knew he was a keeper
when after we had started dating, and I was tired and just laid down for a
short nap, and got low with vomiting and all.  This wonderful man (who
hadn't known me all that long) took care of me, called my doctor and my
mother for help on what to do.  He's always been there for me.  :o)

Type 1 for nearly 37 years....