Re: [IP] Nervous about start-up

Pixie wrote:

>>I started almost 3 mths ago, and normal was very scary at first. I would
panic if my sugar was under 120 when I went to bed and the repeated 70's and
80's on rising were hard to believe and I'd feel low so I'd test again.
Eventually the body gets used to normal and it feels really really good:)
For a while you may feel low when not low or high when not high, or believe
your starving but that's ok, if you do eat, esp when sugar is at normal,
bolus the right amount and to your correct ratio. It's your body learning to
adjust and like normal and for a diabetic without optimal control, that's a
h***ish experience until you get used to being at your best possible

Wow, I haven't been "normal" in nearly 37 years!  My body will probably go
into shock!  (If I ever do get the opportunity to use the pump I have...)  I
want to be "normal" and am getting very tired of waiting for people who
don't know me to get their work done and get me my pump approval.

Type 1 for nearly 37 years, tired of waiting on the insurance...