[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

[IP] Re:Testing BS in High School

<<<<<From: "Kristin Miller"
<email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP]Testing BS in High School (was 
Help! State testing prob.)

I live in Urbana and go to Urbana High School in 
Illinois. We are about 3 
hours South of Chicago. What is a 504 plan?!? I 
have no clue what that is. 
Where do I go to get one? Please inform me I'm 
completly clueless!>>>>>


Please check the ADA web site, www.diabetes.org,
or the childrenwithdiabetes web site. Both have
information on your rights in school. Section 504
is part of the Americans with Disabilities act,
and you can have an IEP (individual education
plan) written for you. This is your right, and
your school can NOT deny this for you. Please
have your parents investigate your rights, and
DEMAND that you are no longer discriminated
against as you have been. If you or your parents
have questions regarding a 504 plan, check with
your local intermediate school district,or ask a
special education teacher (they often know about
504), or call an attorney. You may Email me
privately if you want. I'm not an expert, but I
did have to have a 504 plan written for my son,
and I would be happy to share what information I
have, and what is included in his plan. Good
Rae, Ryan's mom 

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
send a DONATION http://www.Insulin-Pumpers.org/donate.shtml