Re: [IP] Fwd: 4-4-00 Kidney-Pancreas #2 of 2

> I received this from a friend on my kidney/panc transplant list.  Has anyone
> seen this?

It's based on largely outdated information.  The MiniMed external pumps
are well shielded and I think the current models of Disetronics are too.
I've heard reports of Disetronics running wild in high RF or magnetic fields
but I would bet that they've fixed the problem by now.  I routinely work
around high RF and magnetic fields - things like broadcast transmitters at
power levels of thousands of watts.

Haven't had any problems so far.  I wouldn't recommend holding the antenna
of a high power cell phone up to a pump while the phone is turned on, but
then I would't recommend holding one up against my head either.  I've see
too many managers start acting weird when they start talking on their cell

Rev. Randall Winchester
WD4HVA (email @ redacted)