When I want to bolus Paddy I am in Run mode.
And I do not press the S at all to get to bolus.
 I press only the H and it beeps to let me know I am in run mode, bringin up
the viewscreen.  This, after I wait one second, then bumps itself down to
the B (bolus) icon.   Then I use the H to take up, M to take down if I
overdo.  Then I let go and wait for that wonderful little miracle to occur.
( This is actually where I kept making  mistakes the first couple of days.
Was pushing to try to get down to the B instead of hitting H and waiting for
it to take itself there.  .  I keep settting temp basils!  Error 11 over and