[IP] Croissant carb count

Hi, Cheri.

>Does anyone have any information on the amount of carbs in a croissant(sp?)?
>The ones I have are 2-3 oz.

I live in France and have a _lot_ of experience eating croissants.

A croissant should be treated as bread at 50% carb by weight. Most
croissants sold here are 2-2 oz. (60 g) -- the equivalent of two
"standard" slices of bread. Yes, there's also a lot of fat (even more by
the time the butter's added and let's not talk about the cheese I'll eat
with it!), but I don't seem to have to do anything special for that. YMMV.

Croissant preparation instructions  la me: preheat the oven (or
toaster-oven) to 300F, heat the croissant for 8 minutes, butter, eat,
resist the temptation to do it again. For *really* good cheese, you'll need
to come here.

regards (salutations), Andy