[IP] Pregnancy Question

Over the past year that I have been a member of this list, I have noticed a
lot of messages from women who were trying to convince their doctors to give
them the go ahead to get pregnant.  My curiosity lies in what you have to do
to convince them and why you have to. My guess is that they want you to have
your blood sugars in good consistent range if possible and have you kick bad
habits such as caffeine, etc. Or am I missing something?  Also, not all
children are planned (I wasn't :) )and they come out fine.

FYI- I am 23 married and inflected with wedding announcements and birth
announcements from all my friends.  Just kind of started a thought process.
However not planning on getting pregnant anytime soon.

-- Sherry