RE: [IP] Cereal!!!!!!AIGHHH!!!! And that monthly thing...

My time of the month is all bets are off.

normal activities make me drop low (probably from not eating.)  When I get
cramps - I don't feel hungry.  Then once I start my BGs are through the
roof.  I track them very closely.  And found patterns that I use in my temp
basil profiles.  This is my 1st month on the pump, so my endo and I have
done a lot of anticipation - but I suppose the same would be true.  Track it
closely and develop a pattern.

FYI - I gave up cereal for that reason and eat oatmeal or grits.
(Southerner of course)

Bethany
IDDM 15 yrs
Pumping 3/6/00

Now, for my question - unrelated of course!!!  VBG   I am about a week away
from the beginning of my monthly period.  I am starting to notice now that I
am on the pump that my sugars are much higher in the evenings, but my basals
are decreasing in the afternoon the closer I get to it.  I have made some
changes already.  Is this a common phenomena?  I was told that they would
most likely need to be upped a bit right before and possibly during my
period, and am wondering what some of you gals have done or do to deal with
this.  (I don't mind replies from the guys either, but if you are
experiencing menstruation, you should get yourself to a hospital quick.
VBG).  I'm guessing my mileage is gonna vary since everyone is different,
just seems to be a bit of a pain in the derriere.
Dawn