Re: [IP] naming Eve's pump- Michael

>it. Eve is more likely to wear the pump hanging on a belt loop for all to
>see, if she has a name for it, when she goes to school, instead of hiding
>and in turn hiding her diabetes.

I am a grown woman who named her pump:) I named it to make it less a machine
and more a friend to me. "Pump" is too cold and clinical sounding a word for
something that's attached to you. My family even calls the pump by its name
rather than "the pump" since it's such an important part of our lives. When
I was very sick with pneumonia a few weeks back, I woke up to find my
husband having a heart to heart with "Fluffy" telling it is had to do it's
job well while I was ill.. No, we're not crazy, just eccentric and the pump
does have an identitiy and role in our lives so for some of us, it deserves
a name. My car also has a name,. BTW:)

Randi "Pixie" Bruner
"Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs
should relax and  get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein