[IP] ACE inhibitors vs. retest

A recent 24 hour urine analysis revealed a depressed creatinine clearance
for me even though all my other numbers were in the normal range.  My endo.
suggested I begin taking ACE inhibitors to off-set, what was termed, the
beginnings of kidney disease from my years of diabetes (12.5). Now I've
always practiced tight control and never had an A1C out of the normal range
(4-7), so I was taken aback by the findings and asked for a retest. Guess
what the retest revealed, a normal creatinine clearance. The endo. could not
explain why. My guess is the lab screwed up (used the wrong range for a
person of my age and stature). Sometimes the "gut feelings" are worth