[IP] Re:softserter tool

Julie writes
.Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 00:40:14 -0400
>From: "Julie Britt" <email @ redacted>
>Subject: Re: [IP] Re: softserter tool

>i would love to use the silhouettes but i'm afraid i won't be able to
>without a sofserter or something like it.  i have to look away and just
>shoot to insert my sites.  i'm a weenie :)  .
>julie- who can't sleep and is letting her mind run away with her

It took me almost one year of pumping and getting one bad site after another
with the softsets to decide to try the sils.  I played around with angles on
paper first to visualize the proper depth , put my MIND on SUSPEND for a
couple of minutes (refusing to think of my skin as anything but a mini
Origami tent) and let my CDE guide me through the insertion  procedure.  Any
problem? Sure. I was so intent on inserting the needle ithrough my Origami
tent, I fumbled with the tape and ended up with a perfect insertion but
bunched up tape.  Oh well.  It dind't hurt  at all and and I was able to
stretch out the tape enough so I could just cover the whole thing with
Tegaderm with a V cut out in the middle.  (more Origami).  Love the sils,
hate tape of all kinds!

Denise Guerin
Type 1 45 years