Re: Re: [IP] Re: softserter tool

Julie wrote:
i would love to use the silhouettes but i'm afraid i won't be able to insert
without a sofserter or something like it.  i have to look away and just
shoot to insert my sites.  i'm a weenie :)  i'm wondering, is there a reason
why they haven't made some kind of device to insert the silhouettes with?  i
know they have to go in at an angle, but i'm sure we could be competent
enough to hold the device at an angle while 'shooting'.

I believe it will be available shortly.  There is such a device
that can be used to insert the sensor for the continuous glucose
monitoring system (CGMS), even though it was inserted by hand
when I used it this past weekend.  One of the benefits of the
Shihouettes (which I like *much* better than the SofSets) is that
I can control the angle to insert the cannula.  I don't have a lot
of fat under my skin, so that's an issue for me.  I generally insert
at about a 20 degree angle, but the device for the sensor looked
to me to be about 30 degrees.  If that's a good angle for you, then
the inserter should do well for you.  I find I don't miss it.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily represent
those of my wife who runs this house and makes more important
decisions than I do.