[IP] Diabetes Station Explained.."Tune In"

    I noticed several post from IPers wondering why they were receiving mail
from the "Diabetes Station". I attended their debut forum this evening with
Dr. Bernhard Hering speaking about Islet Cell Transplantation. <A
Station Chat</A>  This website is an off-shoot of the Insulin-Free World,
started I believe by Deb Butterfield. <A
HREF="http://www.diabetesstation.org/schedule.asp">Schedule for April 2000</A>
  Tomorrow there will be an evening chat at 9:00 EST re Disetronic Pumps;
Wednesday night Deb Butterfield herself will be speaking about Pancreas
transplants at 10:00 am & Dr Aaron Vinik will address islet cell regeneration
at 9:00 p.m. Congressman Nethercutt of the Congressional Diabetes Caucus will
be Thursday evening's speaker, followed by JDF's brand new CEO, Peter Van
Etten on Friday evening. Future "guests" include Ellen Ullman, KidsRPumping
webmaster; Dr. Alberto Hayek, about islet research; Bill King about the
Animas Pump; John Walsh, author of Pumping Insulin ( hey we can ask where
that new edition is!!!); the Pump Girls; Joe La Mountain from ADA, and much
    This is an amazing achievement to have gathered such renowned experts
under one "forum" roof to be at the mercy of inquisitive, informed diabetes
advocates in a chat format. This is an opportunity for all of us to become
enlightened about the "start of the art" in April 2000 regarding a cure for
diabetes. So set your dials & "tune in" to the station. Among other "gems",
tonight's program included this comment from Dr. Hering ( from Univ of Minn):
  Regards, Renee (pump-mom)
   Dr. Hering is starting clinical trials NEXT MONTH and anyone who is
interested in participating is welcome to contact Kathy Duderstadt, RN, and
Kathy Jacobsen, RN, our islet transplant coordinators at 612-624-8402 or
612-626-5293 for further information.