Re: [IP] Cereal!!!!!!AIGHHH!!!! And that monthly thing...

In a message dated 04/01/2000 10:07:51 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I ate a cup of Raisin Bran Crunch (44 g CHO) and one cup of soy milk (10 g
 CHO).  So that makes a total of 54 - right?  Then I bolused 4 units for this
 meal.  Two  hours later I was a 245!!!!  >>

Not surprised at all.  My breakfast ratio is 1:7 plus I take an extra unit or
two upon waking, whereas lunch is 1:12 and dinner 1:15. I'm not fond of
mornings either.

<<period basal question>>

Yes I just love three weeks out of every month when things are real stable,
unless I get sick or something.   My normal basals range from 0.8 to 1.0.
They steadily increase the week before my period up to as much as 1.5.  Then
when the bleeding starts full force (sorry guys), the basal requirements drop
about in half down to 0.6 for a day or so and work their way back up to my
normal rates of 0.8 to 1.0 again.

Lotsa luck, it will get easier after you do it a few times.  But soooo much
better than on MDI.