[IP] Accuchek Advantage Probs

I have an Accuchek Advantage from back when they first came out. The last
week it's been a pain. It refuses to read the key codes or, even more
annoying, halfway thru a test, it stops and does a code error, strip wasted,
machine crashed. I have wasted 25 strips trying to test my sugars 10x/day
this week alone, which means I'll have to buy strips somehow becuase my
insurance limits how many I'm entitled to. Has anyone had an older Advantage
just go nuts and refuse to do it's job? I called Accuchek and they'll
replace my glucometer in a couple days but until then, any suggestions? Any
tips for getting free strips? I'm kinda despaate and very frustrated.

Randi "Pixie" Bruner
"Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs
should relax and  get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein