Re: [IP] Bolusing 10

>Please tell me what MODY means.

Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young. This is, in my case, a defect of my
12th chromosome. I was an active, healthy and thin 11 year old when I got
hit with diabetes. The original diagnosis was Type I. My mother did the
exact same thing at the same age. It is a genetic form. I was on insulin
breifly then they decided to attempt tablets and I responded to them for 16
years (and then I became diagnosed as MODY)  until I got the flu in December
99 and went into DKA. Wham, back on insulin and doing great:)

> What happens with Medicare and pumps when the original diagnosis was Type

My pump was covered by Medicaid and Medicare doesn't cover pumps yet but
plans to start soon. The Type diagnosis is not near as important as meeting
the criteria for diabetes not in optimal control, having complications, and
being labile. I am a Type II's who's insurance paid for mine becuase the
bloodwork and records said I wasn't responding well to MDI or at all to

Randi "Pixie" Bruner
"Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs
should relax and  get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein