Re: [IP] Bolusing 10

> If I go ever a certain # of units a day I feel like I have been
>bad.  Does anyone else worry this much too?

   It's not just you:) I admit, I'm developing an almost
obsessive-compulsive habit of forcing myself to stay under 35 units a day.
I'll go as far as to skip meals to stay under or at 30. If I hit over 33, I
feel terrible and worry that I'm eating too much, the wrong foods, ect and I
take a 10 CHO/1 unit ratio, with 10.7 of it being basal. For me, it's
becausee my CDE told me that as long as I used 30u or less, I was insulin
sensitive, so I worry I'm becoming "immune" to it if I use more. My endo
doesn't care how much I pump in as long as I'm not under 60 or over 120 at
any time but even if it takes 3 extra units to get there, I fret and kick
myself around mentally for being a "bad" diabetic. I'm also very fat and
protein senstive and exercise sensitive so it seems I'm in a constant battle
with my body somedays to be perfect. My family tries to convine me it's ok
to use over 30 units a day but I don't agree. I don't eat pizza anymore at
all. I fear Chinese food (it takes 12-15u for me to handle it, so it makes
me feel bad) and somedays, I even limit my carbs severly just to avoid
bolusing over my mentally ideal # for the 24 hr period. I'm trying to find
strategies or food I can cut myself some slack with, but I worry alot about
how much I bolus and for what.

Randi "Pixie" Bruner
"Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs
should relax and  get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein