Re: [IP] Help!! Statewide Testing in school

> Help.......Matt is starting statewide district testing today, and i
> wrote a note to the teacher explaining that Matt should test around
> 10:30, 2 hr pp, to see if too high or too low, and i was told, by
> Matt, he called, that HE COULD NOT test his blood during the
> test!!!!  I put in the note to have his monitor at HIS desk, so he
> wouldn't have to get up, but no he still is not allowed!

Back to the IEP and 504 stuff. For state sponsored testing, he
probably should have extra time. In Calif schools, there is a form to
fill out and extra time is granted to anyone with a disability -
diabetes or otherwise. This allows them to test, compensate for
high/low bg's etc....

Don't let this slide by. Contact your STATE department of education,
they can give you the name of your region's special needs advocate.
They'll attend any meeting with you and are there for the benefit of
you and your child. Its free and , at least may bear as much weight
wih school systems as threatening a lawsuit.

>  Am i being too
> much??????  Anxiously waiting!!!!!!!

No, your son's rights have been egregiously violated.