[IP] Airport Security and Insulin

For years I have had my insulin manually checked at the security gates when
travelling.  Someone passed a tidbit of info to me at a Dr.s office
suggesting it might hurt the insulin to be X-rayed.  I asked the Lily
Pharmacist about it and she said that a single exposure shouldn't do harm,
but any repeated exposure could.  Manually checking it is the best bet as you
never know if a bag will need to go through again or get stuck under the
machine for some reason.  I also tell the person at the gate that  it is best
if I open the case as there have been a few times when a vial or two has
almost been dropped or has been needlessly fingered, yuck!   A line
like,"there may be a loose syringe in there, why don't you let me open it for
you?" usually works.