[IP] MiniMed question about resevoirs

Ok... I have been doing this now for close to 4 weeks... and my trainers
suggestion was that for the begining I should be changing sets every 2 days.
I have stretched this to 2 1/2 days sometimes when I'm sure there is plenty
of insulin in the resevoir.  Now I'd like to be able to do my changes every 3
days, but I can't last that long with the amount of insulin a resevoir in the
"standard?" position holds.  I use 1 unit per 10 carbs and use between 24 and
28 units of basal a day.  I was wondering if any folks using hte minimed have
changed the factory setting on their pump to allow the resevoir to hold
larger amounts of insulin?  My trainer commented that usually only very large
people needed that setting.  Does the tip of the resevoir get in the way when
it sticks out?  Thanks for your suggestions.