[IP] Reusing Lancets

email @ redacted wrote:

"Just a little reminder that it's Jan. 1st and time to change your
lancet"......  I loved it...so true!

Sally writes:

I remember seeing that too -- except that I thought it was a JOKE!!!!!
I NEVER reused my lancets until I saw how many people on this list did -- I
got a new meter (smaller one) Precision QID that has the adjustable
"poker-thingy" (what IS the  real name of those things!!!) to replace my big
dinosaur monitor and my Autolet poker by Ames.  My new "poker" is a pain in
the rear to change, so I have started reusing my lancets -- out of laziness I
guess.  I change it about once a week.
BUT - - From a mothers point of view,  If I had a 2 year old with IDDM I
don't think that I would reuse my lancets.  That is just MY 2 cents worth.

Sally =o)
IDDM for 35 of my 37 years
Assimilated : 7 December 1999