Re: High BG on Prednisone was Re: [IP] ACE inhibitors-to Ginny

Efforts? testing 10 times a day..increased basals...watching my
food...bolusing more..
and add to that tremendous constant pain for which I have been giving
oxycontin has helped to bring my Bgs down.  I am on 80 MGs a day and am to
increase it now for a week to 120 because of a flare I am in.
So I am doing all I can..I am on pred for a long period of time. If you can
figure out a way to cure me from what is wrong then I wouldn't have to
worry about all of this.
BTW-this amount of pred daily will make BGs go up. I have no choice and
right now my doctor is not concerned about my A1C. He is more concerned
about my goping blind from the optic neuritis which is NOT being caused by
the diabetes.
Without the pred and with all the inflammation and auto-immune diseases my
A1C was over 11 so I have brought my BGs down.
My immune system is basically gone..but the neurological problems are now
flaring up.