[IP] mexican food low/high

Just wanted to get any ones oppinion on what happened here. We went out for
Mexican food last night and Kevin was 136. He had been playing basketball
before that, but not extremely hard.  He had a chicken taco, bean, rice,
tortilla chips with salsa and one order of nachos (yes, this 12 year old can
eat..lol) and an ice cream. We counted all the carbos, feeling we were right
on target and about 2 hrs later he was 56. We thought maybe we didn't count
carbs correctly so we gave him 2 glucose tabs and a cup of milk. That always
seems to hold him through the night. Well, this morning he came in at 322.
Could it be the fat in the food?  What should I do next time?

Thanks, Linda, mom to Kevin