[IP] Re:Why

Barb I want to know Why DR still use the three hour bg test Why not a hga1c
It seems in type 2 it would be a better tool to get an overall idea of what
is going on.Had a pt today who had a vascular surgery 4 yrs ago now in renal
failure just dx today with diabetes. I could hardly stay in the room with
afraid my mouth would burst open. In the past I have been told If I talk to
pt about diabetes I have to make sure that they know I'm sharing my own
experience and that I was not an RN which I did previously and after. Right
before my pt came back from dialysis My boss told me I can only talk to pt
about the pump and diabetes if directly asked by the pt. On top of all this
the hospital wants us to wear T-shirts saying I love my job I take pride in
providing the best care I can. I knew as a child I hated the hospital for a
good reason.