[IP] New to pump - complications

I am trying to research pump therapy and have a cousin that recently started
using a pump.  She immediately had complications where her
arms/legs/hands/feet swelled up badly.  Her doctor said she had only seen it
happen twice before and both times the patient had to wait three to four
weeks for the swelling to go away and their bodies to go back to normal.  Her
blood sugars have been great since going on but she is afraid that this is
not a normal reaction.  Anybody ever heard of this?  It's making me a little
nervous about changing treatment to the pump myself.  Thanks for any info!!!!